This is a model based on the plans and info acquired of the Slave ship La Concorde (1710), which is the ship Blackbeard captured and converted for his use, and renamed to Queen Anne’s Revenge (1717). There is of course dispute about her being a French-Dutch built, French-French built, and of course English built. We have gone by the idea of the English built La Concorde. This is first of all sincewe like the style, and that it has been easier to acquire info about this theory.
We have used the artwork, plans and pictures of the model that sits in North Carolina Maritime Museum.
We could not find any real references to La Concorde’s stern gallery – except from the sides, so we have done an educated guess from the other ships of the era. The stern gallery is partly also inspired by the Whydah, which was captained by another famous pirate – Samuel Bellamy.
We have also let my self be inspired by the old Hercules Mastercraft Frigate that Christian used to captain in Port Battles while playing Pirates of the Burning Sea.
We have probably added a few guns more than she originally had, and we suspect she had allot of antipersonnel swivel guns making up some of the gun count.
But we made the ship for us, and for our game Tides of War and Lonely Castle Studio’s game in development – Sea of Honor, and so the gameplay comes first. We were neither trying to be 100% accurate or historical correct.
We have pushed out a small update to build 0.3 to fix a couple of outstanding feature requests.
Removed requirement for server login (offline play available now)
Updated gun particles
Framework for player profile started
Updated camera effects
Updated raycasting system
Update sky system
Cleaned up project files
Mostly this was a stabilization build and a chance to remove the server account system and allow for offline play. We will expand it a bit more in the coming weeks with a new ship class and a different map, as well as putting in a simple scenario as well. Hope you enjoy!
So the last time we tested this game patcher out we kept getting some odd issues due to files either not being correct, or having new characters or formatting in them, so we pulled the patcher/launcher out of the test builds because we were losing far too much time to the bugs. We finally got a chance to take it apart and actually see what was happening, and it was actually fairly simple, but needed some extensive work to get it back to stable. As a result we added in a new feature at the same time to be able to download a full version of the game (or clear a previously installed version) so that you don’t have to download a zip file every time. The patcher itself shouldn’t need any updating for now, but a later edition will likely have the ability to patch itself as well as the game.